Re: [OpenMap Users] Plotting text from Shapefiles

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 13:29:19 -0700

Hi Christian,

The ShapeLayer and EsriPlugIn don't display data from the dbf file,
you'll have to write code to do that. You can use the DbfTableModel to
parse the dbf file. The OMGraphicLists for the .shp file are in the
same order as the rows in the DbfTableModel, so you can create OMText
objects for the street names you want, and use the corresponding OMPoly
to set up the location and orientation of the OMText.