Re: SV: [OpenMap Users] re-projection an image

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 13:16:59 -0700

Hi David,

On Jun 23, 2004, at 6:21 AM, Marklund David wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have tried and tried these options for plotting images, at now I
> have a OmRaster that looks good, but does not follow the scale when
> zooming or panning. Any ideas ?

Is the image changing location? Are you resizing the destination image
based on the new projection parameters?

> I would also like to know how to configure a EarthImagePlugIn layer
> and how to create a '-180/180 longitude -90/90 latitude in the
> Transverse Mercator projection ' image from my own images.

The javadocs for the EarthImagePlugIn have configuration information.

I've never created an image like that, I usually use ones from NASA.
But you could use OpenMap to create one. You could create a Mercator
projection for the size image you want, create a BufferedImage for that
size, and set the pixel values based on what should be painted at each
lat/lon. If you create a BufferedImage with ARGB type, you can leave
some pixels clear for the areas you don't have data.

- Don