[OpenMap Users] saving filled polygons to shapfiles

From: serrotam <serrotam_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 15:49:22 -0700 (PDT)

 Again experimenting with ExampleApplication.java to
create shaded polygons with OM and saving them to
shapefiles. This time the filled polygon is drawn to
the EsriLayer correctly and displayed/painted
correctly. I can save this layer to shapefiles using
the code below:

  File file = fileChooser.getSelectedFile();
  String path = file.getCanonicalPath();
  EsriGraphicList list = layer.getEsriGraphicList();
  ShpOutputStream pos = new ShpOutputStream(
                                  new
FileOutputStream(path + ".shp"));
  int[][] indexData = pos.writeGeometry(list);

   ShxOutputStream xos = new ShxOutputStream(
                                 new
FileOutputStream(path + ".shx"));
   xos.writeIndex(indexData, list.getType(),
list.getExtents());

   DbfOutputStream dos = new DbfOutputStream(
                                 new
FileOutputStream(path + ".dbf"));
   dos.writeModel(layer.getModel());

PROBLEM is that when I re-read these shapefiles I only
get polygon outline but the filled in color is not
showing up. Where are the filled in properties of the
polygon saved to? Shouldn't fill-in descriptions be
also saved into the shapefiles or is this a
properties file responsability?

I've have searchd the FM to no avail.

tia