RE: [OpenMap Users] DTED

From: Catania, Luke A ERDC-TEC-VA <Luke.A.Catania_at_erdc.usace.army.mil>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 10:50:15 -0500

None. Just add to the properties file and change the paths to match where
your dted file is and make sure your .dt1 is in a structure that resembles
the DTED directory structure. That is, make sure it is in a directory
structure such as:

C:\Data\DTED1\dted\e000

where:

\e00\ is the longitude directory and is required.

Add it to the layers and startUpLayers property.

openmap.layers= jdted
openmap.startUpLayers= jdted

and the have something such as below with changes as appropriate to your
path:

### Java DTED properties
jdted.class=com.bbn.openmap.layer.dted.DTEDLayer
jdted.prettyName=DTED1
# This property should reflect the paths to the DTED level 0 and 1
# directories. These levels can be combined.
jdted.paths=C:/Data/DTED1/dted
# DTED Level 2 data!
jdted.level2.paths=
# Number between 0-255: 0 is transparent, 255 is opaque
jdted.opaque=255
# Number of colors to use on the maps - 16, 32, 216
jdted.number.colors=216
# Level of DTED data to use on startup (0, 1, 2)
jdted.level=1
# Type of display for the data on startup
# 0 = no shading at all
# 1 = greyscale slope shading
# 2 = band shading, in meters
# 3 = band shading, in feet
# 4 = subframe testing
# 5 = elevation, colored
jdted.view.type=5
# Contrast setting on startup, 1-5
jdted.contrast=5
# height (meters or feet) between color changes in band shading on startup
jdted.band.height=25
# Minumum scale to display images. Larger numbers mean smaller scale,
# and are more zoomed out.
jdted.min.scale=200000000
jdted.cacheSize=40
jdted.kill.cache=true