[OpenMap Users] Need advice on Layer to use to render grid of polygons

From: serrotam <serrotam_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 14:02:04 -0700 (PDT)

 I would appreciate advice on how to approach the
rendering of a (2D)grid of values that need to be
rendered as an overlay on a lat-lon map.

 grid of values can be as large a 2000x2000 where
each value will correspond to a colored square of a
few kilometers each.
  ____________________________
  | red | yellow | green | ...

  | red | green | yellow | ...
  | yellow | red | green | ...

  Which is the most efficient way of creating this
layer? I.e. with an OMRaster or OMPolygons?

 What are good examples for setting OMRaster
projections? these are still a bit confusing to me.
appreciate any hints.
 TIA