[OpenMap Users] psuedo animation (changing layers that are cached raster images on a timer)

From: Ben Podoll <benjamin.podoll_at_und.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:12:21 -0500

I have a custom app that has a time slider at the bottom of and then a bunch
of icons to turn on and off layers. It is coming along nicely, but...

The first question (which may be very simple) is how to get the icons to
turn on and off layers; I can't seem to find what the menu options under
layers execute. (Forgive me if that is too simple of a question, a point in
the right direction would help greatly)

The second question is, how hard (and do you know of an easy way to do this)
will it be to get my time slider to animate layers on the map? It doesn't
have to be true animation I just need a way to step thru the images. For
instance I have a radar layer that I wrote to grab raster images and display
them, so I am planning on keeping track of those images and then with the
time line just stepping thru the list of the radar images and having OpenMap
redraw them (now my question is: would I go about doing that by adding my
layer to the map like normal and then via the external widgets control the
layer by changing it's data and calling it's repaint?)

~Ben