RE: [OpenMap Users] access to spatial database?

From: Hudson Brian R Contr AFRL/IFSF <Brian.Hudson_at_rl.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:54:05 -0000

Hello,

Take a look at com.bbn.openmap.layer.mysql.MysqlGeometryLayer it will
display geometric data from a Mysql spatial database.

The properties look like this (taken from the javadocs):

mygeo.prettyName=<Your Layer Name>
mygeo.dbUrl=< Driver Class > eg.
"jdbc:mysql://localhost/openmap?user=me&password=secret"
mygeo.dbClass=< Driver Class > eg. "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
mygeo.geomTable=<Database Tablename>
mygeo.geomColumn=<Column name which contains the geometry>
mygeo.pointSymbol=<Filename and path for image to use for point
objects>Default is
# Optional Properties - use as required
# NOTE: There are default for each of these
mygeo.lineColor=<Color for lines>Default is red
mygeo.lineWidth=<Pixel width of lines>Default is 0
mygeo.fillColor=<Color of fill>Default is red

As far as I know this is the only 'built-in' support for JDBC access to a
spatial database.

Hope this helps,

Brian Hudson