RE: [OpenMap Users] access to spatial database?

From: Qinyan Zhou <zhouqinyan527_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:54:03 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

I'm wondering how mygeo is relating to
MysqlGeometryLayer.

Therefore, except keeping the properties I got from
Hudson, I'm trying to set one more property as
following:
mygeo.class=com.bbn.openmap.layer.mysql.MysqlGeometryLayer

However, something is still not clear to me. Where
should my query statements be placed? Any specific
format for geomColumn? What is the default value for
pointSymbol?

If some openmap users have such experience of
connecting openmap to a database, could you please
share it with us?

Thanks,
Jessica

--- Hudson Brian R Contr AFRL/IFSF
<Brian.Hudson_at_rl.af.mil> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Take a look at
> com.bbn.openmap.layer.mysql.MysqlGeometryLayer it
> will
> display geometric data from a Mysql spatial
> database.
>
> The properties look like this (taken from the
> javadocs):
>
> mygeo.prettyName=<Your Layer Name>
> mygeo.dbUrl=< Driver Class > eg.

"jdbc:mysql://localhost/openmap?user=me&password=secret"