RE: [OpenMap Users] Speed Issues

From: Hudson Brian R Contr AFRL/IFSF <Brian.Hudson_at_rl.af.mil>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:22:28 -0000

Hey,

You could change the VPFLayer so that it renders its list to a buffer
(BufferedImage) and then once complete, renders that image to the screen.

I work with some very large shape files, and I had to do a similar thing to
get chemical plumes animating without a serious loss in performance (due to
the rendering time required to redraw the thousands of points of the shape
file).

You may want to take a look at the BufferedLayer, I believe you can add the
VPFLayer to this layer (it has its own MapBean) and it would handle the
buffering for you.

Hope this helps,

Brian Hudson