Re: [OpenMap Users] Speed Issues

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:41:02 -0400

Hi Mark, Brian,

Actually, in 4.6, the BufferedImageRenderPolicy was added, so you can
automatically add image buffering to individual OMGraphicHandlerLayers
(of which VPF is one) without a code change. You just set the
renderingPolicy property (or set the object, programmatically) to one.

For the VPFLayer in 4.6, however, the BufferedImageRenderPolicy is the
default policy, so you would be seeing that benefit already.

The other thing I would try in 4.6 is to mark all layers that are not
part of the animation as 'background' layers (set via property or
programmatically). The BufferedLayerMapBean will place all of those
layers at the back of the layer stack in a separate image buffer. You
can also send layers to this buffer using the LayersPanel, there's a
line separating the layers that are buffered and those that are not,
and you just use the arrows to move the layers in/out of the buffer.

- Don