[OpenMap Users] VPFLayer issue - how are all the VPF layer properties set ?

From: <xrr_at_altern.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:43:28 +0200

Hello,

I have an issue trying to use a BufferedLayer with many VPFLayers.

First I had to change the BufferedLayer and the VPFlayer classes.
Because the layers handled managed by the bufferedLayer were not aware of the
bean context. So I overrided setBeanContext in BufferedLayer so that it will
call setBeanContext in all the layers.

Now all the VPFLayers are properly set-up but when I save a map, the properties
are not properly saved.

here's what I get in the saved properties for one of the layers agregated by
BufferedLayer :

vmapRoads1.addToBeanContext=true
vmapRoads1.autoPalette=false
vmapRoads1.background=false
vmapRoads1.class=com.bbn.openmap.layer.vpf.VPFLayer
vmapRoads1.consumeEvents=false
vmapRoads1.pcp.class=com.bbn.openmap.layer.policy.ListResetPCPolicy
vmapRoads1.prettyName=VMAP L0 SASAUS(Asia)
vmapRoads1.projectionChangePolicy=pcp
vmapRoads1.removeable=true
vmapRoads1.renderPolicy=rp
vmapRoads1.rp.class=com.bbn.openmap.layer.policy.BufferedImageRenderPolicy

here's the full set in the initial openmap.properties file :

vmapRoads1.class=com.bbn.openmap.layer.vpf.VPFLayer
vmapRoads1.prettyName=VMAP L0 SASAUS(Asia)
vmapRoads1.libraryBean=VMAPL0SASAUS
vmapRoads1.coverageType=trans
vmapRoads1.featureTypes=edge area text
vmapRoads1.edge=roadl trackl traill
vmapRoads1.addToBeanContext=true

vmapRoads1.roadl.lineWidth=1
vmapRoads1.roadl.lineColor=F0000000
vmapRoads1.roadl.matted=false
vmapRoads1.roadl.mattingColor=F0000000
vmapRoads1.traill.lineWidth=1
vmapRoads1.traill.lineColor=F0000000
vmapRoads1.traill.matted=false
vmapRoads1.trackl.lineWidth=1
vmapRoads1.trackl.dashPattern=10 10
vmapRoads1.trackl.lineColor=F0ffb200
vmapRoads1.trackl.matted=false
vmapRoads1.trackl.mattingColor=000000

you can see that a lot are missing...

Any idea how I can update bufferedLayer so that all the properties of the
VPFLayer will be properly saved ?
Actually I have no idea so far about how and where those missing properties are
handled.

Thanks in advance,

                        Xavier