[OpenMap Users] Creating a Jpeg image from part of a MapBean

From: Laura Paterson <laura.paterson_at_generaldynamics.uk.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 09:55:20 +0100

Hi,

In my application I have some raster (CADRG) and vector (shape files) data.
I overlay this with application-specific graphics. What I would like to do
is cut out a jpeg image of the displayed map area, but only of certain
layers, i.e. the raster and vector layer provide useful mapping info, but
the application layers should not be persisted. Can anyone give me any
pointers on how to achieve this? I already use the SaveAs... menu item in
my code.

Ideally I would also be able to get an image from the map that is not
necessarily the showing map area - i.e. to pass in a scale and area and have
a jpeg generated from this. This sounds similar to some of the
SimpleHttpImageServer posts I have read recently, however I am unsure if
this can be implemented so that all the work is performed locally. Again,
any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Laura

General Dynamics United Kingdom Limited
Registered in England and Wales No. 1911653
Registered Office: 100 New Bridge Street, London, EC4V 6JA