[OpenMap Users] remove a layer (via MapBean)

From: Ben Podoll <benjamin.podoll_at_und.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 18:45:16 -0500

I have a BasicMapPanel and I have my openmap.properties file display states,
counties and river.

Now that the application is up and running I want to use a custom button to
turn on/off layers.

The MapBean javadocs make it sound like I can turn on/off a layer via it's
methods. They say to use the remove() and add() methods...

But I don't see how I can get at the layers?
basicMapPanel.getMapBean().remove(0);

I was hoping there was a method like:
basicMapPanel.getMapBean().removeLayer("us_counties");

Or better yet:
basicMapPanel.getMapBean().getLayer("us_counties").setVisible(false);

Is there something like this at my finger tips since I can get at the
MapBean?

~Ben