[OpenMap Users] reading PNG comments (to get extents and projection)

From: Ben Podoll <benjamin.podoll_at_und.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:05:26 -0500

I guess I jumped the gun, when I said GeoTiff. Because I just found out that
we (the people that create my images) can put "comments" in PNG for sure
(and JPG I think). Since those file formats have a comments section, they
put the extents and the projection info in there... Does anyone know if it
is possible to get at that via any OpenMap calls or how I could go about
using that info instead of relying on external sources...