[OpenMap Users] jpopupmenu after click?

From: Ben Podoll <benjamin.podoll_at_und.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 18:56:36 -0500

I want information to popup when a user clicks on a certain portion of my
map. Should I use a JPopUpMenu?

The reason I can't use a ToolTip is because there needs to be a way for the
user to click on what pops up to change another part of the GUI (with
details).

Just looking for advice or input from someone that may have done this in the
past...

What I am getting at is something that pops up that looks like this:

|------------------|
|Temp: 68F |
|Humidity: 58F |
|Wind Speed: 12mph |
|------------------|
|See Details... |
|------------------|

Where the "See Details..." would be a clickable option to the user...

The one other issue would be how to get the pop up menu to disappear, so I
may even need something along these lines:

|------------------|
|Close |
|------------------|
|Temp: 68F |
|Humidity: 58F |
|Wind Speed: 12mph |
|See Details... |

Where the "Close" is another clickable /thing/ to destroy the popup.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,
Ben