[OpenMap Users] no display from HelloWorld example, OpenMap 4.6

From: Bob Stine <bob_at_waltonstine.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:09:24 -0700 (PDT)

I've just downloaded OpenMap 4.6 and I'm trying to work through the examples. I'm running on XP, java version 1.4.2_03.

The problem I'm having with the HelloWorld example is that it never displays the JFrame. Console output looks like:

D:\software\OpenMap\openmap-4.6\bin>hello-world.bat
Creating MapHandler
Creating MapBean
OpenMap(tm) Version 4.6
Copyright (C) BBNT Solutions LLC. All rights reserved.
See http://openmap.bbn.com/ for details.

Adding MouseEvent support...
Creating ToolPanel...
Creating Layers...
Done creating...

but at this point the JVM hangs.

>From the debugger, the "setVisible(true)" method returned successfully... everything seems to work fine, except that there is no display.

The SimpleMap example works; the SimpleMap2 more or less works (at least it displays).

Any idea where to start on this?

Thanks.

___
Bob Stine