Re: [OpenMap Users] Internationalization

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 07:59:39 -0400

HI Jesper,

On Aug 23, 2004, at 7:20 AM, Jesper Berglund wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am developing an application which have support for different
> languages. I have tried to translate the openmap GUI using the I18N
> but the are some problems.
> Not all classes uses the I18N class to retrieve the widget's text.
> I have read the code and have seen that it is not that much work to
> make the internationalization work.
>
> How do I proceed to make the application fully internationalized?

The best thing to do is to use the same mechanism implemented in the
classes that have been internationalized, and modify the classes you
need (or the rest of them) to use that same mechanism. If you can,
modify the version checked into the CVS source tree.

> Can I contribute to the project, and if so, how?

Just mail the modified classes back to us at openmap_at_bbn.com. If you
use the latest version of the classes, the integration is obviously
easier.

> Is there already a person working with these issues?

Not specifically, so any help you can provide is appreciated.

> I have discovered other buggs as well, is this the right forum to
> publish them?

You can sent them here or to openmap_at_bbn.com. I'm in the process of
integrating submissions for the next release, so sending them in now
(or as soon as you can) is a good time.

Regards,