[OpenMap Users] zoom out (alternate map mouse mode)

From: Ben Podoll <benjamin.podoll_at_und.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:50:43 -0500

I want to make my map zoom out when the user clicks once (left button) on
the map. My question is how can I do that?

Right now I have a magnifying glass with a 'plus sign' for the navigation
mouse mode to zoom in (using the standard rubber band box) and I have a
magnifying glass with a 'minus sign' for the zoom out (but there is some
confusion as to how to use it by my users).

I expect them to just click on the magnifying glass with the minus to zoom
out 1.5x but they think it is more intuitive to click on the map (probably
since that is how they do everything else).

So I need some guidance as how I can change my map mouse mode (or override
one or create one like NavMouseMode2 but it would be MUCH simple). I am
surprised there isn't a map mouse mode already in OpenMap to handle this as
I assume it is trivial (maybe that is why it isn't in OpenMap). So anyone
have a suggestion?