Re: [OpenMap Users] Auto-zooming map to RpfLayer

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:15:07 -0400

On Sep 2, 2004, at 2:40 PM, Zacker, Jeremy wrote:

> RpfLayer is just one of those things that make me scratch me head.
>
> I have a GUI that allows the user to select an A.TOC from their file
> system. Once they choose it, I construct an RpfLayer. I am trying to
> get my MapBean to recenter on the center of the RPF data and zoom to
> the widest scale which will display the RpfLayer. I used the
> RpfFrameProvider to calculate the upper left and lower right corners
> of the map by calling getCatalogCoverage with the whole world as my
> coverage area. But even when I recenter my map, and rescale it to an
> appropriate scale to cover the upper left and lower right corners of
> the RpfLayer, it still won't display the RPF data unless I zoom in
> (twice).

You probably have a larger coverage area so that, in order to view that
area on the map at one time, you are still zoomed too far out.

> So how can I determine the scale at which the RpfLayer will display
> its graphics?

The com.bbn.openmap.layer.rpf.RpfProductInfo class lets you get
information about different chart types, including their base scales.
You can get the series code from the catalog coverage, and query the
RpfProductInfo class for that object representing the series code, and
then get the scale.