Re: [OpenMap Users] pointsymbol - point

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 10:44:21 -0400

Hi Andrea,

On Sep 4, 2004, at 8:01 AM, Andrea Leone wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Another simple question!
>
> if I want to use a  pointsymbol to specify GIF or image file(symbol)
> to use for Points, how have I to use the  pointSymbolProperty?
> I mean, could this work?
> mygeo.pointSymbol=com.bbn.image.pointsymbol.gif
>
> or
>
> mygeo.pointSymbol=data/image/pointsymbol.gif

This one. The string is converted to a URL, the ImageIcon javadocs
say, so if the path is to a resource in a classpath, it should work,
too.

The code should probably be modified to call the
PropUtils.getResourceOrFileOrURL(String) method, so it would work for
anything.

> and what kind of image can I use? Gif, jpeg, tiff, bmp…..

Anything Java can handle in ImageIcon, which is what you've listed. I
think png, too.