[OpenMap Users] Grid and zooming questions

From: <amfi_at_nada.kth.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:14:51 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

I've recently started to use openmap and, as a beginner, already run into
several probems. So I wonder if some of you can help me out :-)

First, I want to define a grid where each cell should have approximately
equal area. The area (kmxkm) and the bounding box of the area are input
parameters. Does openmap have any support for creating such grids? If not,
can anybody give me a hint how to do this?

For now on, I'm using OMGrid for displaying grid values on the screen.
I've tested a 250x250 cells grid (65500 cells) and both displaying and
redrawing were quite fast. However, I can zoom the area only once and
after that I get OutOfMemory error. Does anybody know why?

BTW I'm running openmap 4.6 on Linux.

Thanks in advance
/Amir