[OpenMap Users] Improved Openmap Printing [Contribution]

From: Sperlongano Brian M NPRI <SperlonganoBM_at_Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 10:06:09 -0400

A few days ago, I sent two classes which enable map printing. I realized later that the approach used (using the paint() method of a MapBean) was flawed in that the printouts would be scaled *after* rasterization, and therefore would result in blockiness if the MapBean is small or the paper is large... in essence the MapBean image would get scaled as raster graphics instead of vector graphics.

To remedy these problems, I rewrote the two classes to support vectorized scaling, using the ImageServer class.

Feel free to use and distribute, blah blah blah.

-Brian

Brian Sperlongano
Computer Engineer
NUWCDIVNPT