Re: [OpenMap Users] set title from OpenMap

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:31:57 -0400

You can do two things. You can set the openmap.Title property to
something in a Properties object you give to your PropertyHandler. You
can look for the OpenMapFrame that the OpenMap class creates by using:

OpenMapFrame omf =
openmap.getMapHandler().get(com.bbn.openmap.gui.OpenMapFrame.class);

and setting the title there.

On Sep 26, 2004, at 7:59 PM, Robert Najlis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am hoping to find a way to set the title for the OpenMap window.
> When I was using OpenMapFrame as the base class from which I started
> the app, I could do this with no problem. Now however, I am using
> OpenMap as the base class (so I can set OpenMap to use a blank
> PropertyHandler class). Given this, is there any way to set the title
> of the frame? I have tried a number of things, including :
>
> OpenMapFrame frame = new OpenMapFrame(title);
> openMap.setWindowListenerOnFrame(frame);

I don't think this method is doing what you think it is doing.
setWindowListenerOnFrame is called from within the OpenMap object,
making it easier to extend the OpenMap class to override what
WindowListener can be placed on the OpenMapFrame it creates.

- Don