Re: [OpenMap Users] Very Slow On Remote Display

From: Rob Ratcliff <rratcliff_at_ticom-geo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:10:36 -0500

Make sure none of your colors have an alpha value set to "FF". X doesn't
too well for semi-transparency over the network.

Also, try setting

-Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen=false

setenv NO_J2D_DGA 1
#setenv USE_DGA_PIXMAPS

# allow pixmaps to be shared between client and server running on same machine
setenv J2D_PIXMAPS client

You can find more info about these flags at:
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/2D/perf_graphics.html