Re: [OpenMap Users] Problem with DrawingTool et al.

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 23:00:42 -0400

Hi Ruben,

On Oct 2, 2004, at 12:20 PM, Rubén Ruiz wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I’ve a pair of problems, I hope some of you can put me in the right
> direction to get a solution to them. Here they are:
>

> 1. It sounds silly….but I can’t open the DrawingToolLauncher. I’m
> not using the toolbar provided with openmap. Maybe you could tell me
> the steps to get it working, I’ve seen some mails regarding to the
> DrawingToolLauncher/DrawingTool but they don’t help me too much.
>
> I want to show the Drawing dialog in my app, but I don`t know well how
> I’ve to initialize it and which method or event do I’ve to use to show
> it.

The OMDrawingToolLauncher depends on an OMDrawingTool that it finds in
the MapHandler. The OMDrawingTool depends on EditToolLoaders.

If you look in the openmap.properties file, you'll see these entries:

omdtl.class=com.bbn.openmap.tools.drawing.OMDrawingToolLauncher
omdrawingtool.class=com.bbn.openmap.tools.drawing.OMDrawingTool
omlineloader.class=com.bbn.openmap.tools.drawing.OMLineLoader
omcircleloader.class=com.bbn.openmap.tools.drawing.OMCircleLoader
omrectloader.class=com.bbn.openmap.tools.drawing.OMRectLoader
ompointloader.class=com.bbn.openmap.tools.drawing.OMPointLoader
ompolyloader.class=com.bbn.openmap.tools.drawing.OMPolyLoader
omtextloader.class=com.bbn.openmap.tools.drawing.OMTextLoader
omdistloader.class=com.bbn.openmap.tools.drawing.OMDistanceLoader
omsplineloader.class=com.bbn.openmap.tools.drawing.OMSplineLoader
omdecsplineloader.class=com.bbn.openmap.tools.drawing.OMDecoratedSplineL
oader

If you want to configure everything programmatically, just add one of
each of the components to a MapHandler, and they will connect
themselves together. Then you can use the OMDrawingToolLauncher as a
JPanel.

> 2. The second problem is that when I load a SHP with some Circles, if
> you zoom in to the max_zoom the circle is not rendered or something
> similar so the circle shape has a very ugly look. It happens too using
> the DistanceMode with high zoom in, the surrounding circle is so
> awful. I don’t know why this effect is  produced, I’ve tried with
> antialiasing on, but the problem is not the antialias.

I have no idea of how to reproduce this problem. Do you have a screen
shot that shows what you are seeing?