[OpenMap Users] Political Layer NullPointerException

From: Andrew Hnatiw <Andrew_Hnatiw_at_raytheon.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 11:18:49 -0400

When I run my code on a Solaris box I get an error window that pops up and
says

"Political Boundaries|LayerWorker.construct():
java.lang.NullPointerException"

and the backtrace says that it occurred at ShapeLayer.java:372. This
appears to be where it grabs
data from a file... I only get the error every once in a while, and when
I do the political layer doesn't get
drawn. If I cause the screen to redraw for any reason it will usually
draw itself fine afterwards.

Does anybody know how to fix this, or at least how to get rid of the error
window that pops up? I am giving
a demo of my work next week and would love to not have error messages
popping up.

Thanks,
Andrew Hnatiw