[OpenMap Users] exporting graphics to a shp file

From: Whanger, Thomas <thomas.whanger_at_zeltech.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:55:08 -0400

I am attempting to export my Location objects stored in an OMGraphicList to
a shp file using the EsriShapeExport class.

It doesn't seem to generate any files though. I have gotten the class to
successfully generate the files for OMPoints and such, but does the
EsriShapeExport class not deal with Location objects?

If not, does anyone have any ideas in how to go about doing this? Any help
is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Tom

Here is a very simple example of what I am trying to do:

OMGraphicList list = new OMGraphicList();

OMGraphic location = new BasicLocation(37.0f, 10.0f, "Testing", null);

list.add(location);

Projection proj = ProjectionFactory.makeProjection(

ProjectionFactory.getProjType("MERCATOR"),

      30.0f,

      0.0f,

      30000000,

      400,

      640);

EsriShapeExport test = new EsriShapeExport(list, proj, "C:\\Documents and
Settings\\twhanger\\Desktop\\test");

test.export();