Re: [OpenMap Users] exporting graphics to a shp file

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:34:50 -0400

Hi Tom,

I don't think the EsriShapeExport can handle Location objects as
written. EsriShapeExport looks at OMGraphics to see what kind they
are, so it can sort them out into a point/polyline/polygon list as
necessary. A Location object, even though it's an OMGraphic, actually
renders some internal OMGraphics that the EsriShapeExport doesn't know
to ask for - so the Location probably ends up being unrecognizable and
discarded.

You could extend EsriShapeExport to handle the Location object as a
point. You probably have to override the export(OMGraphicList list,
ArrayList masterRecord, boolean writeFiles) for that.

Regards,

Don