[OpenMap Users] Convert from OMCircle to OMPoly (polygon)

From: Whanger, Thomas <thomas.whanger_at_zeltech.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:12:36 -0400

Hey openmappers,

I am converting an OMCircle to an OMPoly (polygon) using the
EsriPolygonList.convert(OMCircle, Projection) method. This method works
great if the OMCircle's radius is defined as a unit of decimal degrees.

OMGraphic dDegCircle = new OMCircle(37.0f,10.0f,1.0f);

However, if the OMCircle's radius is defined as a unit of meters, this
method returns a polygon that is pretty much a vertical line and not a
circle.

OMGraphic meterCircle = new OMCircle(37.0f,10.0f,1.0f,Length.METER);

Anyone know why this is, what I am doing wrong, or how I can fix it?

I appreciate any help or insight you can give as to why this may be
happening. Thanks

-Tom