[OpenMap Users] architecture for reasoning with VMAP edge data

From: <Peter.Weinstein_at_Altarum.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:27:28 -0500

Hi,

I need to add an interactive layer to OpenMap that includes reasoning about
travel routes. To illustrate the type of functionality that I plan to
build, imagine the user clicking on two spots on the map, and the system
highlighting the quickest route that combines roads, railroads, and trails
to get from point A to B.

I would greatly appreciate suggestions for how I should extend OpenMap to
trap the loading of edge data from VMAP files. I envision capturing the
information with a hook in EdgeTable or somewhere down the stack from
VPFLayer when preparing to draw, then accessing this information to support
interaction in my new layer.

Thanks!
Peter

Peter Weinstein, Ph.D.