Re: [OpenMap Users] how to get geographical objects from VMAP data

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 07:58:27 -0500

Hi Peter,

It sounds like you want to get involved with OpenMap 4.6.1's
com.bbn.openmap.tools.roads package. There are two layers, the
com.bbn.openmap.layer.shape.MultiRoadLayer and
com.bbn.openmap.layer.vpf.VPFRoadLayer, that use the routing tools in
the roads package. I suspect the VPFRoadLayer will give you an idea of
how to pull that information out of the database for route analysis.

While the layers are geared for display, you just need to get at the
OMGraphics of a layer to see the spatial geometries. If the layer is
an OMGraphicHandlerLayer, just ask it for it's list. Granted, what you
get on that list will probably be based on the map projection.