Re: [OpenMap Users] Performance Issues

From: Bart Jourquin <bart.jourquin_at_fucam.ac.be>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 08:50:11 +0100

I'm using EsriPlugin's with about 25.000 objects. Performance is very
good here. Maybe you can hace a look the the plugin's code and compare
it to the way you have implemented your layer....

Bart

Le mercredi 24 novembre 2004 à 14:25 -0500, dianefitch_at_comcast.net a
écrit :

> I have been working with openmap, and I need help with 3 performance
> issues.
>
> I have a requirement to draw 5000 simple lines referenced by Lat/Lon.
> So I create 5000 OMLine objects and add them to the GraphicsList. When
> a projection changes (zooming)
>
> 1. the application is very slow, taking well over 5 seconds.
>
> The debug in the LayerWorker construct shows the time is
> spent in the OMGraphicList list = getRenderPolicy().prepare(); method
>
> 2. It consumes memory and never releases then finally application
> just hangs (40MB is used every zoom)
>
> 3. Even though the swingworker is being called, the application
> seems to hang.
>
> I am using Windows XP, 512MB Memory 1.8 GHz processor, Java 1.4.2_02,
> Openmap 4.6.1
>

> My LineLayer class is very simple. It extends OMGraphicsHandlerLayer,
> and uses the StandardPCPolicy and StandardRenderPolicy.
>
> I have tried BufferedImageRenderPolicy, and this did not help.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Diane

----
Prof Dr Bart Jourquin
F.U.Ca.M. - G.T.M.
Chaussée de Binche, 151a, B7000 Mons (Belgium)
Tel. : +32 65 323293, Fax. : +32 65 315691
http://www.fucam.ac.be/jourquin