[OpenMap Users] problem setting up the shape files: why is this occurring?? - new to java

From: Steve Frierdich <sfrierdich_at_custom-mfg-eng.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:33:22 -0500

I am using the Eclipse Java Environment for creating and run Java
projects. I created a Crew project in same directory where the crew
example in open map is located
(src\openmap\com\bbn\openmap\examples\crew),. Next I imported the java
files(Crew and RouteLayer) in that directory into the project and used
main in the Crew.java file was used as entry point. When I ran the
program the shape there was an error that stated there was a problem
setting up the shape files.

ShapeLayer SpatialIndex: problem setting up the shape files:

      shape file: data/shape/dcwpo-browse.shp

     spatial index file: data/shape/dcwpo-browse.ssx

I went into the crew.properties file and harded the to files to a full
path and that still did not work.

Can someone tell me how to solves this problem and why this error is
occurring?

Thanks

Steve