[OpenMap Users] mouse events

From: SteveC <steve_at_fractalus.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:26:43 +0000

Hi,

I have an applet using a BufferedMapBean only. It works fine but I'm not
getting mouse events. It basically follows the SimpleMap.java example
with my own Layer subclass being used. I've written a MapMouseListener
and the get method etc etc etc in. I know I have to use a
SimpleMapHandler or similar to actually get events. But I don't know
how.

There is a SimpleMap2 example here:

http://openmap.bbn.com/src/openmap/com/bbn/openmap/examples/simple/SimpleMap2.java

but I can't get it to work without having to use an OpenMapFrame, which
I don't want.

Is there an example using just the bean (not the toolbar, menu, etc)
somewhere or could someone give me a quick snippet of code that should
work?

TIA!

have fun,

SteveC steve_at_fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/