RE: [OpenMap Users] Visibility and OMScalingRaster

From: Peter Solderitsch <psolderitsch_at_gestalt-llc.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:00:44 -0500

Sorry to have to bring back a subject from a few months ago, but even
with OpenMap 4.6.1 I'm still having problems that I believe is related
to the scaleTo() method in OMScalingRaster.

When you have a scaling raster or scaling icon on your map and change
the projection (by panning or zooming) such that in the very next
projection, the scaling raster is no longer in the map's x,y space, if
you try to do a "find closest" on a list containing that graphic, it
will be reported at its last 'displayed' x,y location... My hunch in
perusing the code is that getShape() for the graphic is returning a
shape that isn't really "there" any more, and it's not getting nulled
out properly in the scaleTo() method (which, as demonstrated below, has
had prior similar issues related to visibility).

If you have a scaling raster or icon on your map, and then change the
projection such that the icon remains on the map but in a different x,y
location, no problem. It is only when the graphic goes entirely off
screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Peter