[OpenMap Users] Reloading other layers...

From: Bart Jourquin <bart.jourquin_at_fucam.ac.be>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:21:08 +0100

Hi all,

My app has en menu entry that allows to open a "project". A project is
mainly a list of layers to load.

As many layers have to be loaded, they are added to a LayerHandler that
is added to the MapHandler once everything is ok.

Works sofar.

Now, the user has the possibility to load another, new project. I can
(could in fact, seems broken in latest cvs code) remove all layers from
the handler, and then add new layers. This is ugly, because each add
operation launches a repaint. So, I would like to prepare a new
layerHandler and then replace the old one with the new one. I tried
several tricks, but nothing seems to work...

Another solution would be to retain repainting during the "add layers"
operations...

Any idea how to do that?

Bart

----
Prof Dr Bart Jourquin
F.U.Ca.M. - G.T.M.
Chaussée de Binche, 151a, B7000 Mons (Belgium)
Tel. : +32 65 323293, Fax. : +32 65 315691
http://www.fucam.ac.be/jourquin