Re: [OpenMap Users] Query regarding loading Maps in Openmap

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:16:25 -0500

Hi Kwang,

To change the layers in the OpenMap application, you modify the
openmap.properties file. There are instructions in the
openmap.properties file for modifying the different properties. The
openmap.layers property lists keywords for the different layers
created, and the properties using that keyword as a prefix are used by
that layer to configure itself. For instance, the default world layer
uses the shapePolitical keyword, and the shapePolitical.class property
defines the Layer class created. The shapePolitical.shapeFile property
defines the shape file used for that layer's political shapes. That
property would be the one you would change for a different shape file.
If you have data in a different format, you would add a different
keyword to the openmap.layers property and define a set of properties
appropriate for the new type of layer you are adding.