Re: [OpenMap Users] Displaying NOAA ENC data

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 15:35:28 -0500

Hi Chris,

ENC is distributed in the S-57 format, which OpenMap can't read. If
you wanted to get started writing a layer to display it, you could use
the com.bbn.openmap.dataAccess.iso8211 package to read the files. and
then from there create OMGraphics from the information you get from the
files.

Of course, for anyone who's interested in being able to use this data,
we are available for contracted efforts to create a layer to read S-57.

Regards,

- Don