Re: [OpenMap Users] Link shows only if the first point fits in the current view

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 15:41:05 -0500

Hi Thomas,

The location.link code needs work, it piggybacks on the location
superclass and only takes the location of the first end to determine if
the link should be displayed. Depending on the amount of data you are
trying to display, it might be a negligible performance hit to just
display everything.

Otherwise, you could calculate the bounding box of the projected line
for the link, and see if it intersects with the map window (0, 0, proj
width, proj height). But then again, it's probably less work to just
paint everything and let java rendering clip out the stuff off-screen.

Regards,

Don