[OpenMap Users] Specific country's shape lines?

From: Nagiel, Shahak \(Mission Systems\) <"Nagiel,>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:44:34 -0500

We're currently using the out-of-the-box vmap_area shape files to render political lines. We'd like to enable the user to "highlight" a given country (painting its border lines and fill color differently than the other countries' ). I can see roughly how the ShapeLayer class renders the OMGraphicList by just iterating through all the lat-lon points from the file (within the projection's limits), but we would need also to query some information about the country code as well to determine how to render the line/fill colors. Is this even possible using the standard shape files, or do we need something more complex that maps country codes to different shape-file "ranges"?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

 <mailto:shahak.nagiel_at_ngc.com> Shahak Nagiel
Software Engineer
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems