Re: [OpenMap Users] VMAP and polbnd Coverage Type from rference

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:25:50 -0500

Hi Dirk,

On Jan 22, 2005, at 8:50 AM, Dirk Aagaard wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> since one week I am working with OpenMap 4.6 in case of problems i had
> a look on the mailing list and got help from it.
>
> But now i have a problem which i can't solve.
>
> I can display VMAP data less than a scale 1:30M but more then a scale
> 1:30M there is no map shown. Somewere I read that the data for a map
> more than 1:30M is placed in the rference entry of VMAP. But how can I
> get them.
>
> Below you can see a little piece of my openmap.properties file.
>
> #### VMAP Political layer - Run the com.bbn.openmap.layer.vpf.VPFConfig
> #### class to create properties for a set of features.
> #
> vmapPolitical.class=com.bbn.openmap.layer.vpf.VPFLayer
> vmapPolitical.prettyName=VMAP Political
> vmapPolitical.vpfPath=F:/VMAPLV1/LIB103/EURNASIA;F:/VMAPLV1/LIB104/
> EURNASIA;
> ## vmapPolitical.vpfPath=data/vmap/vmaplv0
> vmapPolitical.coverageType=bnd

The reference data coverage is a bit different, I think if you add
polbnd to the coverageType, you'll pick up coverage at that level.

If that doesn't work, you can use a ScaleFilterLayer to flip between
two different layers depending on scale. You can used a Shape Layer
for smaller scales, and then flip to the VPFLayer for larger scales.

-Don