RE: [OpenMap Users] Polygon Mathematics

From: Potter, Mark A (UK Rochester) <"Potter,>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:46:56 +0000

Don,

More maths- this time the question is "is a point is contained within a polygon".

At the moment I'm doing this:

      java.awt.Point pt = mapBean.getProjection().forward(llp);

      found=poly.contains(pt.x, pt.y);

llp is the lat lon point that I'd like to know is inside poly.

Whilst it works, I think this is a bit of a messy way of doing it - is there a similar function that will do it in lat/lon space? I am going to need to make this stuff independant of the graphic display engine shortly.

Thanks,

Mark.