[OpenMap Users] Yes CADRG is chosen

From: Steve Frierdich <sfrierdich_at_custom-mfg-eng.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 08:38:14 -0500

Yes CADRG is chosen. Have you ever programmed the openmaps to work with
RPF layers? If you did could you do a print screen capture of the RPF
maps being displayed and place the capture like in a PowerPoint and
email it to me so I can see what the maps look like. It looks like I am
going to have to go read MIL-C-89038 and MIL-STD-2411 to learn the map
formats, and possible make and eclipse project for the openmaps
application and step through the code to see why the RPF maps are not
displaying. I have no problem making the A.TOC , adding the map to the
openmaps application as a layer, referencing the RPF maps in the
openmap.properties file. It is that RPF maps just do not appear. I am
guessing the problem is the structure of the RPF maps I have or not the
correct format the openmaps are looking for. The RPF maps I am using are
maps I received from a government agency. That agency had an active X
control I used for those RPF map for displaying and adding layers. I
embedded that active X control in my application and then used COM for
communication to the control and adding layers. Attached in the WORD
documents in Figure 5 is a picture of the active X Control showing a RPF
map. If you can think of any steps I should take to get the RPF maps to
appear in openmaps just let me know. I have noticed in the A.TOC file
created by MakeToc mentions MIL-C-89038 in it, and the governments
A.TOC file mentions MIL-STD-2411 in it.
Thanks
Steve