[OpenMap Users] Despite adjusting zoom and opaqeness, still just getting colorful rectangles.

From: Edward Welling <ewelling_at_custom-mfg-eng.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 13:23:35 -0500

Thanks for the quick reply, Don.

I checked to make sure (Navigate menu->Projection->CADRG) is set as
always, and I adjusted the zoom and opaqueness, but I'm still just
getting the colorful rectangles.

For JOG, I translated directly over the coverage rectangle, then typed
1:250,000 into the zoom edit control and hit return. Using the slider
bar control, I tried setting the opaqueness to many settings, from 0 to
255, hit "Redraw RPF layer", but the colored rectangle and its
opaqueness just doesn't change in appearance.

For GNC, I did the same, except set the zoom to 1:5,000,000. I get the
same result, with no map detail.

At this point, would you suggest running openmaps thru a debugger to see
if the app is loading the map data? If so, could you tell me which
class(es) load the data, so I can set a breakpoint? I'm not suggesting a
problem with the code, but maybe the map data. I am running Eclipse
3.0.1, which runs Java in debug. I haven't tried this feature, but it
looks similar to the Visual C++ debugger, which I use.

I guess at this point, I'm still concerned about the integrity of the
map data and my properties file.(Ref: my last email)

Regards,
Ed