[OpenMap Users] Openmap for Vmap Integration

From: Twohig, Julian <Julian.Twohig_at_adi-limited.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:04:27 +0800

Hello,

I am writing a customised GIS back-end in Java for a mission planning
system.

I am currently implementing the VPFLayer of Openmap for requesting VMap
data.
As an overview of what I am trying to achieve, Openmap always requests Vmap
data for a single visible region within the GUI. My application splits the
world up into tiles and each of those tiles requests data once they are
visible. I want to be able to control the number of tiles high and wide to
break the world up into, and when each tile requests Vmap data through
Openmap only points for that region should be returned at a detail
commensurate with my current scale.

I have come across a few issues with this as follows:

1) I only want points for a specified region equating to the size of our
display tiles but Openmap returns all the points for a tile in the VMap
database. For example, if I request an area that is 2 degrees lon by 2
degrees lat I get back point coverage for a 15 degree by 15 degree area for
the Vmap tile that my requested region intersected. Is there any way within
Openmap to specifically limit the retrieved points to that area defined by
the LatLonPoint(s) upperleft and lowerright?

2) Can you reduce the complexity of the returned OMGraphicList from
VPFLayer.prepare? I would like less points returned the further out I zoom
to enable fast zooming and panning. At the moment regardless of my zoom and
the scale, width & height that I send through I always receive full point
complexity.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Julian Twohig

  _____

Senior Software Engineer
Electronics & Aerospace
ADI Limited

This Email may contain confidential and/or privileged information and is intended
solely for the addressee(s) named. If you have received this information in error, or
are advised that you have been posted this Email by accident, please notify the
sender by return Email, do not redistribute it, delete the Email and keep no copies.