RE: [OpenMap Users] DBF and Shape

From: Bart Jourquin <bart.jourquin_at_fucam.ac.be>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:17:01 +0100

Hi Tobias and Ruben,

Having the row number is not enough if you don't know which rows you
need :-)

Actually, a complete query mechanism is not (yet?) implemented in
OpenMap.

However, you can extend EsriPlugin to perform JDBC/SQL queries on the
DBF tables using an appropriate JDBC driver.

Unfortunately, unless you only work with Windows, for which you can use
the free jdbc/odbc bridge, there is no free jdbc driver available. I
think the most easy to use solution can be found on http://www.hxtt.net/

You also can extend the esri layer/plugin to use full fledge sql
engines, but this requires the tables to be imported in the database. A
"lighter" solution is to use hsqldb (hsqldb.sf.net) which can create
"memory" databases on the fly... I think that Don has investigated this
particular approach.

Best regards,

Bart

Le vendredi 25 février 2005 à 14:52 +0100, Rubén Ruiz a écrit :

> Hi Tobias,
> You can read the DBF files and with the AppObject in the OmGraphics, set the
> visibility. You may use DbfInputStream and DbfTableModel. The AppObject of
> an Omgraphic contains an Integer object which is the row number from the
> associated dbf.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Rubén Ruiz.

---
Prof Dr Bart Jourquin
F.U.Ca.M. - G.T.M.
Chaussée de Binche, 151a, B7000 Mons (Belgium)
Tel. : +32 65 323293, Fax. : +32 65 315691
http://www.fucam.ac.be/jourquin