RE: [OpenMap Users] Discovering the minimum scale at which an RPF layer will show

From: Laura Paterson <laura.paterson_at_generaldynamics.uk.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:27:12 -0000

>> Is box.scale the right way to access the scale?

>Well, I guess it depends on the creator of your data, there should be a
>value there. I'd print out the RpfCoverageBox just to see what it
>thinks, using it's toString() method. You can always use the chartCode
>and look up the scale in the RpfProductInfo

I've tried printing out the RpfCoverageBox, the scale is still 0.0. I have
attached the output for two of my rpf layers.

Following your suggestion, I have updated my code to use the RpfProductInfo
to get the scale, and it is working great.

Thanks for all your help with this issue!

Laura

ONC4 fProvider.getCatalogCoverage for area = 2
ONC4 scale from coverage = 0.0
ONC4 box from coverage = nw_lat 57.00575815738963, nw_lon -11.25
 se_lat 47.677543186180415, se_lon 0.5625
 chart code TP
 scale 0.0
 vertical subframes 54
 horizontal subframes 42
 percent coverage 100.0
ONC4 scale from coverage = 0.0
ONC4 box from coverage = nw_lat 57.931034482758626, nw_lon -24.75
 se_lat 47.58620689655173, se_lon -1.125
 chart code ON
 scale 0.0
 vertical subframes 30
 horizontal subframes 42
 percent coverage 100.0

High Level CADRG fProvider.getCatalogCoverage for area = 3
High Level CADRG scale from coverage = 0.0
High Level CADRG box from coverage = nw_lat 51.92307692307693, nw_lon
-180.0
 se_lat 31.153846153846153, se_lon 180.0
 chart code GN
 scale 0.0
 vertical subframes 12
 horizontal subframes 159
 percent coverage 100.0
High Level CADRG scale from coverage = 0.0
High Level CADRG box from coverage = nw_lat 62.307692307692314, nw_lon
-180.0
 se_lat 41.53846153846154, se_lon 180.0
 chart code GN
 scale 0.0
 vertical subframes 12
 horizontal subframes 128
 percent coverage 100.0
High Level CADRG scale from coverage = 0.0
High Level CADRG box from coverage = nw_lat 58.153846153846146, nw_lon
-180.0
 se_lat 45.692307692307686, se_lon 180.0
 chart code JN
 scale 0.0
 vertical subframes 18
 horizontal subframes 320
 percent coverage 100.0
This email and any files attached to it are of a confidential nature and
intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you
have received this email in error and action should be taken to inform the
originator and this email should be deleted immediately and any copies made
should be destroyed. If you are not the intended recipient, any form of
disclosure, distribution, printing, copying or any other use of this email
or the information in it or in any attachments is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. Any views, opinions or other information expressed in the
email and any attachments are those of the originator and not given or
endorsed by General Dynamics UK Ltd.In compliance with the various
Regulations and Acts, please be aware that General Dynamics UK Ltd reserves
the right to monitor all emails and email attachments, both inbound and
outbound, allowing legitimate business practice to continue.In addition to
monitoring, General Dynamics UK Ltd also provides appropriate Antivirus
measures scanning all incoming and outgoing email and email attachments.
However, email communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or free of
errors as information may be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost,
destroyed or contain viruses. General Dynamics UK Ltd do not accept
liability or responsibility for any such matters or the consequences
thereof.