Re: [OpenMap Users] GPS and openmap

From: <EOsorio_at_sisdef.cl>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:35:05 -0400

I think you must be divide the problem in two parts

The first: it is read the GPS information from a serial port with Java
Comm API, you must be cureful, because, in Windows, the Comm API only
see to COM4 and USB GPS are installed in any COM port, for example COM10.

The Second is cosntruct your layer, may be a PlugIn and a PlugIn-Layer,
the PlugIn is the provider for information and interpreter of the data
from GPS and the PlugIn-Layer only is the viewer of the information.

 Eliecer Osorio Verdugo
 Investigación y Desarrollo
 Sisdef Ltda.
 Fono: 56 32 810777