Re: [OpenMap Users] RPF Visibility

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:09:45 -0500

On Mar 23, 2005, at 9:01 AM, Chris Allport wrote:

> The projection code has been updated (since the deprecation of the "old
> method"). The init code looks like the following:
>
> --
> MapHandler mapHandler = new MapHandler();
> mapHandler.add(mapinternalframe);
>
> mapBean = new BufferedMapBean();
>
> mapinternalframe.getContentPane().add(mapBean);
>
> ProjectionFactory pf = ProjectionFactory.getInstance();
> Projection proj = pf.MakeProjection(CADRG.class,
>
> Environment.getFloat(Environment.Latitude, 0f),
>
> Environment.getFloat(Environment.Longitude, 0f),
>
> Environment.getFloat(Environment.Scale,
> Float.POSITIVE_INFINITY),
>
> Environment.getInteger(Environment.Width, MapBean.DEFAULT_WIDTH),
>
> Environment.getInteger(Environment.Height, MapBean.DEFAULT_HEIGHT));
> mapBean.setProjection(proj);
>
> mapHandler.add(mapBean);
>
> mapHandler.add(new LayerHandler());

So, what are the values of the projection when you expect to see RPF
data, and what kind of RPF data do you have?

> -- then the RPF code --
>

> I have tried numerous things:
> - Regenerating the A.TOC with MakeToc
> - Regenerating the A.TOC with MakeToc with Full Paths
> - Regenerating the A.TOC with MakeToc from the RPF Directory
> - Regenerating the A.TOC with MakeToc from another directory
> - explicity setting "paths" property and setting property

> - setting RpfLayer.setDoubledBuffered to true

This last thing won't do anything.

> I have also tried turning on debug (via command line) for RPF and
> receive no
> messages.

-Ddebug.rpf

If you aren't seeing any messages from that, then it sounds like the
layer isn't getting connected to the map. Are you adding a
LayerHandler to the MapHandler? That's the thing that connects the
layers to the MapBean, depending on their visibility.

> I tried explicitly calling "setDebugGraphicsOptions" with
> LOG_OPTION and BUFFERED_OPTION, neither yielding any apparent result.

I don't know what these are.

> Is there something else I need to be doing to trigger this layer? Does
> anything else need to be setup?

Do you have any other indication that the layer is being added to the
MapBean? LayersMenu, LayersPanel?

- Don