Re: [OpenMap Users] Connecting Graphics

From: Andrew Hnatiw <Andrew_Hnatiw_at_raytheon.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:33:54 -0600

Each OMGraphic has a "setAppObject()" method that allows you to associate
an object with that graphic. I think that at some point Don recommended
using this to associate labels to an object. I do this by setting the
application object for a graphic to be a label and for the label to be the
graphic it is associated with. Then, I overrode the generate() method of
the label (your alert) to draw the label based on where the application
object associated to it is. I think this could solve your problem. Only
catch is that you can only have one application object associated with
each OMGraphic... of course you could make that object an OMGraphicList to
associate more than one graphic.

hth,
Andy

Andrew Hnatiw, Software Engineer
RAYTHEON
7700 Arlington Blvd
Falls Church, VA 22042

"Chris Allport" <chris.allport_at_red-inc.us>
Sent by: owner-openmap-users_at_bbn.com
03/24/2005 11:22 AM
Please respond to
<chris.allport_at_red-inc.us>

"OpenMap Users" <openmap-users_at_bbn.com>
cc

Subject
[OpenMap Users] Connecting Graphics

My application has objects moving around on a map. Once in a while,
alerts
will come in for an object and this alert should be displayed at some
position offset from the object. When the object moves, the alert's
position should be updated (relative to the object).

Does OpenMap currently have any support for this type of functionality? If
not, I shall attempt to contribute this capability if you think it might
be
welcome.

Thanks in advance-

Chris

--
Chris Allport
Unmanned Systems Research & Development Lab